Legal and compliance
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS PAGE. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION. BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE YOU HAVE AGREED TO WHAT IS SET OUT BELOW.
1. Registered Office: Guardian Assurance Ltd, Guardian Linked Life Assurance Ltd and Guardian Pensions Management Ltd; Registered Office: Ballam Road, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire FY8 4JZ.
Telephone number 0870 609 0110. Registered in England (Nos 38921, 1397655 and 985480) (VAT Registration Number GB502 2291 95). All are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Guardian Financial Services is the collective trading name of each of the Companies specified above.
This website is published by Guardian Financial Services, Ballam Road, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire FY8 4JZ.
The pages of this site, may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, copied, stored, transmitted or used by any party except for the purpose of downloading for private, non-commercial, viewing purposes or where we have given our prior consent. You must not alter anything on this website and no material from this site may be used on any other website and no links may be created to this site without our prior written consent.
Guardian Financial Services does not warrant the suitability of anything that is downloaded and accepts no liability for any problems that may arise as a result. If you are in any doubt about downloading anything, we recommend that you take specialist advice before doing so.
5. Leaving the Website: After you leave this website (whether knowingly or not), Guardian Financial Services is not responsible in any way for any other pages, websites or other thing that you access, and the results of accessing them. In particular, you may be going to a website which is not owned or operated by a regulated financial services company.
6. Email: Guardian Financial Services does not guarantee that any email sent to us will be received, or that the contents will remain private during transmission. If you are concerned about this, then please consider other means of communication.
You will be responsible for ensuring that any electronic message or information you send to us is free from any virus or defect that may harm our systems in any way.
Guardian Financial Services will not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of, this website its operation or transmission, computer viruses or any unauthorised access to or alteration of the website. We do not warrant that the contents of this website are compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
This website is for information only. It is not intended to offer advice and is not to be taken as in any way offering advice. It is not an offer to sell or change any products of Guardian Financial Services. If you want advice on any product, please consult a Financial Adviser.
- Guardian Financial Services has taken care concerning the accuracy and integrity of what is on this website. However, Guardian Financial Services will not be liable in any way for any errors, omissions or information becoming out of date. If you are in any doubt as to the accuracy and currency of any information contained within the pages of this website, or if you require any further information, please contact Guardian Financial Services.
- Guardian Financial Services will not be liable in any way for the results of any unauthorised access to this website, or any unauthorised alteration to this website.
- The terms of, and use of, this website shall be governed by the law of England.
10. Data Protection: The data controller for any personal information you give us is Guardian Assurance Ltd, Guardian Pensions Management Limited and Guardian Linked Life Assurance referred in this Privacy Statement as Guardian Financial Services. More information on the treatment of your personal information is available on the privacy page of this website. This website does provide you with a link in order to email us. If you contact us by email, we may store your name and address to facilitate communication. We may also use your data to record any sales made from your initial enquiry.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
improper use or disclosure
unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
11. Client categorisation: We categorise all of our clients as 'Retail clients' under the Financial Services Authority rules for all services and transactions. This helps us to make sure that you receive appropriate disclosure documents from us and that you are made aware of everything you need to know in a timely fashion.
13. Products and Investments: The value of investments may go down as well as up. You may get back less than your original investment. Equities are considered a long-term investment and are not directly comparable with a building society deposit account which can be accessed at any time with little or no penalty.
The information contained on our website is based on our understanding of current taxation law and Revenue practice, which may be subject to future variation.
Genetic tests approved by the Government's Genetics and Insurance Committee (GAIC) which may need to be disclosed to insurance companies
You do not need to tell us about any genetic test result you have had if your application for insurance, taken together with any other policies you already have with this company or any other company, totals:
- £500,000 or less for life insurance (ie where benefit is paid on death)
- £30,000 per annum or less for Income Protection insurance
- £300,000 or less for other types of insurance (ie where benefit is paid on suffering a critical illness or incapacity).
Above these limits, you may need to tell us about certain genetic test results when applying for certain types of insurance. We will only be interested in a genetic test result where the Government's Genetics and Insurance Committee (GAIC) has approved it for insurers to use with the type of insurance you are applying for.
Currently, the only test results which have been approved by GAIC are:
|Test||Type of insurance|
|Huntingdon's Disease||Life insurance|
Negative Genetic Test Results
If the life proposed wishes to disclose to us a genetic test result, which shows that they have not inherited a genetic disorder, we will take this into account in setting their premium, provided their clinical geneticist confirms that the test result indicates a reduced risk of developing the inherited disease.
The above represents the current position as at 4/1/10.
For further information please refer to the Association of British Insurers (ABI) website www.abi.org.uk
The “GUARDIAN” mark and the owl logo are registered trademarks in the UK owned by Guardian Financial Services or their parent company.